8.2 C
New York
Friday, July 30, 2021
Home Performance Tom Brady Nutrition and Workout

Tom Brady Nutrition and Workout

Tom Brady is one of the most decorated athletes in history and has been on top for 20 years. Brady has racked up six Superbowl titles, four Superbowl MVPs, and 3 NFL MVPs throughout career, which spans two decades. He will attribute a lot of his success and longevity to his nutrition and workout regime, penned the TB12 Method.

Related: Aaron Donald Workout

Tom Brady’s nutrition and workout plan seek to boost energy, reduce inflammation, reduce injury risk, and improve sports performance and recovery.

Tom Brady’s Career

Drafted from Michigan by the New England Patriots in the 6th round (pick 199), Tom Brady began his NFL career. He was initially a backup to Drew Bledsoe but when Bledsoe was injured in 2001, Tom took over as starter. It was a job he would never give back.

Tom Brady celebrating as the quarterback of the New England Patriots

Brady went on to lead his team to a Superbowl in three of the first four seasons as a starter. An absolute fire beginning to a career for the future hall of famer. He then went on to win three more championships in the last six seasons in New England.

Now, as the quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Brady instantly makes them a Superbowl contender.

Tom Brady Nutrition

Brady’s diet consists of the following:

  • Organically grown fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts
  • Grass-fed lean meats, and wild-caught fish.

80% of the diet is fruits, vegetables, and whole grains while the other 20% is meat and fish.

Whole grains and vegetables

He avoids sugars, artificial sweeteners, trans fat, caffeine, gluten, and most oils. Brady also does not drink alcohol when abiding by this diet. Instead, he strives to drink half his bodyweight in pounds in terms of ounces of water per day.

Another part of the Tom Brady nutrition plan is the combination and timing of meals. He doesn’t eat any other foods with fruit, and he won’t eat high-protein foods combined with carb-rich foods. With the increased monotony of food types, this diet can be a good way to monitor or even lose weight.

Tom Brady Workout

Per Brady’s fitness guru, Alex Guerrero, Tom doesn’t follow the usual protocol for his workouts during the NFL season. Brady does a full body workout using resistance bands to work at the “speed of sport” instead of lifting weights.

Tom Brady workout with resistance bands

Related: Saquon Barkley Workout

Here is the Tom Brady workout used during the season:

*All exercises are just 1 set to failure

  1. Standing Row
  2. Banded Pushup
  3. Core Rotations
  4. Banded Deadlift
  5. Banded Bicep Curl
  6. Triceps Extension
  7. Deceleration Lunges
  8. Banded Shoulder Press
  9. X-Band Squat

Benefits of the TB12 method

This diet can also help protect against Type 2 Diabetes and many illnesses and diseases. With the restriction of processed meats, sugars, and alcohol, inflammation is reduced within the body.

Tom Brady drinking electrolytes, which is part of the TB12 method for his nutrition regime

This is thought to lower the chance of being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and some types of cancer. Because there are so many vitamins, plant compounds, and minerals, following the Tom Brady regime is important for optimal performance and recovery.

Related: Christian McCaffery Workout

Brady has recently decided to move on from the team he’s been with his entire career, the New England Patriots, and sign with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Derrick Henry Workout

Have you seen how strong Derrick Henry is? It’s no surprise he’s found great success in his role as the running back for the...

Tua Tagovailoa Starting for Miami

It's Tua Time in Miami, and the immediate question is why now? It was well known that 2020 first-round pick Tua Tagovailoa would eventually...

Dolphins Owner says NFL Season will ‘definitely’ happen.

Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is optimistic that the 2020 NFL season will go on as planned amid the coronavirus pandemic. His current plan...

Aaron Rodgers Looks up to Michael Jordan

As a California native, there weren't many chances for Aaron Rodgers to attend Chicago Bulls' games growing up. And, of course, by the time he...

Recent Comments